LIB44P2: 26-8-1944 - FFI mail DE GAULLE Liberation of Paris, Victory Parade

€35.00
VAT included
Quantity
Out-of-Stock

LIB44P2: Liberation of Paris, Victory Parade with General de Gaulle, August 26, 1944

FFI mail carried by motorcyclist

Postage France 1,50F Pétain overprint "Croix de Lorraine" +
French resistance cinderella "de Gaulle / special post FFI - MLN"
"FFI special post 26.8.1944" cancellation
+ official label "PARIS LIBÉRÉ"

RARE!

On August 26, 1944, General de Gaulle triumphs. All Paris is heading to the Champs-Élysées to cheer the man of the Liberation. The head of the provisional government lays a wreath in memory of the unknown soldier. Under the triumphal arch, the French flag finally flies. The day before, Germany signed its surrender in Paris. A crowd of a million people lets out his joy. General de Gaulle then went to the town hall invested by the Resistance on the second day of the insurrection.

100% secure payments

Libération de Paris, août 1944 25 août 1944 : La 2e D.B. du général Leclerc entre dans Paris, de Gaulle s'installe au ministère de la guerre. 31 août 1944 : Le gouvernement Provisoire d'Alger est transféré à Paris. 1ère surcharge de la Libération de Paris : Timbres de service émis par les F.F.I. et utilisés par eux pour le courrier transporté par motocycliste. Une seule valeur : 1,50 Pétain surchargé d'une Croix de Lorraine. Ce timbre était accompagné d'une vignette bleue grand format à l'éffigie du général de Gaulle.. Oblitération par cachet F.F.I. Les enveloppes ainsi affranchies furent collectées après la Libération et vendues le 13 novembre 1944 au profit des F.F.I.

LIB44P2

Data sheet

dateemission
26/08/1944

Specific References

You might also like