LIB44P1-25 : 25-8-1944 - FFI mail DE GAULLE - Liberation of Paris

€30.00
VAT included
Quantity

LIB44P1-25: Liberation of Paris by the 2nd Armored Division of Leclerc and capitulation of the German command, arrival of General de Gaulle - August 25, 1944

FFI mail carried by motorcyclist

Postage France 1,50F Pétain overlprint "Croix de Lorraine" + French Resistance cinderella "de Gaulle / special post FFI - MLN"
cancellation "special post FFI 25.8.1944"

RARE!

On August 25, 1944, de Gaulle leaves Rambouillet, he enters Paris through the Porte d'Orléans; at 4 p.m., he found Leclerc at Montparnasse station, where he installed his temporary PC. Three 2nd DB groups arrived in the morning, followed by an American division. In the early afternoon, Colonel Langlade obtained the surrender of the services of the German command at the Majestic Hotel. An hour later, Leclerc himself * received the surrender of General von Choltitz, commander of Gross Paris.

After having participated in the victory parade on the Champs-Elysées, on August 26, Leclerc finishes chasing down the German troops stationed in the northern suburbs (Le Bourget, Stains, Pierrefitte) and brings a final halt to the counter attack envisaged by the enemy.

100% secure payments

Libération de Paris, août 1944 25 août 1944 : La 2e D.B. du général Leclerc entre dans Paris, de Gaulle s'installe au ministère de la guerre. 31 août 1944 : Le gouvernement Provisoire d'Alger est transféré à Paris. 1ère surcharge de la Libération de Paris : Timbres de service émis par les F.F.I. et utilisés par eux pour le courrier transporté par motocycliste. Une seule valeur : 1,50 Pétain surchargé d'une Croix de Lorraine. Ce timbre était accompagné d'une vignette bleue grand format à l'éffigie du général de Gaulle.. Oblitération par cachet F.F.I. Les enveloppes ainsi affranchies furent collectées après la Libération et vendues le 13 novembre 1944 au profit des F.F.I.

LIB44P1-25
2 Items

Data sheet

dateemission
19/08/1944

Specific References

You might also like